Friday, August 22, 2008

Shadowmancer. Book Review #3.


"This fast and furious tale has things that lurk in the woods, creatures from other worlds, pirates, smugglers, excise men and soldiers, breathless chases, and exciting swords and sorcery."
Michael JR Jose


The reason I chose this book is because I felt that G.P. Taylor had created something different than the normal boy wizard saves the day.

The book is about the Vicar Obadiah Demurral, who is a shadowmancer (someone who speaks to the dead) and has a new relic that he thinks will cripple God and His angels. But someone is there to hinder the process- Raphah, Thomas, and Kate. There are all trying to conquer Demurral and win the battle against evil in an intense scene against all the powers of darkness.

When I first read the back of the cover of this book in the dark corners of a Christian book store, I was surprised to find they had not tossed it outside in the dumpster. A Vicar who thinks he can be God? A person who speaks to the dead? An epic battle against all the forces of evil? No wonder the book was in a dark corner. But curiosity overtook me, and I bought the book. I stayed up all night reading. I couldn't put it down. The spiritual undertones proved to me that the novel really did belong in a Christian book store. And it wasn't just some dumb, good always wins fiction, either. I found it comparable to Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings!

G.P. Taylor earned his spot on the New York Times Bestseller list for this book.

No comments: